Thursday, October 30, 2008

Explosion of Color

I have really been impressed and amazed with the colors of autumn I have seen in the past week. I don't remember the leaves ever having been as vibrant or bright as they have been this year. I think it is because we have not had a lot of rain, which means the leaves are not crumpled up and withering on the ground, and the skies have provided a bright blue background. I choose not to believe it is because I am just getting older and appreciating the autumn colors more.

Wright Park-built in 1886

I love the contrast of the leaves and the tree bark

Wright Park--27 acres of heaven

Wapato Park--opened to the public in 1889. Named after small potato-like vegetables which grew there

Railroad tracks near the T.O.A. not far from Titlow

Looks like New England, but it's our beautiful Tacoma

Bridge to the Tacoma Outboard Association


2 comments:

Grandma Maxine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Maxine said...

WOW, I love these pictures of the fall in Tacoma. I do miss all the seasons you have there. We get fall and summer. Two out of 4 isn't bad.