Monday, May 26, 2008

Walking together

Today Stella and I can say that we have walked the entire Scott Pierson Trail. It is an urban trail which begins East of the Allenmore Golf Course and parallels Highway 16 all the way across the Narrows Bridge. Recently, we have spent a lot of time walking various trails throughout the area and have enjoyed every minute of it. Most of our children and their spouses either run, bike, go to the gym, or work out in some way. Stella faithfully walks on a treadmill, but there are times when we go out walking together. Our contribution to fitness. Not only does it have health benefits, but it gives us the opportunity to spend quality time together. I have always enjoyed driving places with Stella by my side. I just love being with her and taking in the scenery. Walking together has added another dimension to that experience. As we walk, we spend a lot of time talking, enjoying nature, and just being with each other. We're also able to see a lot of things which we would normally miss in driving by. These are some of the places we have enjoyed walking. Bring on the Sound to Narrows! 5K that is.
Nisqually Wildlife Refuge



Chambers Bay Golf Course



Tubbs Hill, Coeur d'Alene


Ruston Way


Narrows Bridge



Scott Pierson Trail



We just love walking with each other




2 comments:

Helena said...

That looks like a great walk! (I don't think I'd be up to walking that far right now!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shumates!! I don't know if you remember me, I was in your ward forever ago (Rebecca and Ryan Davidson) and I was cruising thru everyone's blogs to see who I recognized..
Anyway, the pictures are fabulous, you must have an amazing camera. What a beautiful day to enjoy Washington.
Drop in some time and say hello,
Davidsonfieldville.blogspot.com