Monday, April 21, 2008

Why am I doing this?

I have decided to start this blog so that I might record the events and thoughts I have and especially to make a record of how apparent the hand of the Lord has been in my life. It seems that things happen on a daily basis, both big and small, in which I can see how truly blessed my life is. Many times I notice the hand of the Lord in the larger events, or in the happier experiences of my life, but often the smaller events, or the experiences which may seem to be more challenging at the time, go either unnoticed or appear to have no spiritual relevance. I hope that by writing these things down that I will recognize the hand of the Lord in all aspects of my life, not just the more obvious ones.

Yesterday I gave the same talk in two different wards. Actually I gave a talk last month on the same subject. The subject of my assigned talk was a talk given by President Eyring in last October's General Conference, "O Remember, Remember." In preparing my talk, it became obvious to me that spiritual experiences happen to us on a daily basis, sometimes without us even recognizing them. The key to recognizing them is with the help of the Holy Ghost. In the book of John we are told that "...the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14: 25-26) I believe that the Holy Ghost even has the ability to help us remember things which we may not have recognized at the time.

This is my attempt, as Pres. Eyring said, "to find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him."

No comments: